Are you waiting for God to bring you Mr. or Mrs. Right? How about you are married, and you know there is more growth to the marriage physically, spirtually, and emotionally. How about in need of simple inspiration? My hope is that all will get real life answer from this blog. Everyone is welcome. God Bless You.
Posted by Lady A at 12:48 PM
Just For Fun Friday! 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If
it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it
2. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the
changing of the tides. Let it be.
3. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going
to think of it that way.
4. Crying is blackmail.
5. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
6. "Yes" and "No" are perfectly acceptable answers to
almost every question.
7. Come to us with a problem only if you want help
solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your
girlfriends are for.
8. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem.
See a doctor.
9. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an
argument. In fact, all comments become null and void
after 7 days.
10. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret
girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.
11. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't
12. If something we said or do can be interpreted two
ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we
meant the other one.
13. You can either ask us to do something or tell us
how you want it done. Not both. If you already know
best how to do it, just do it yourself.
14. Whenever possible, please say what
ever you have to
say during commercials.
15. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and
neither do we.
16. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default
settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color.
Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea
what mauve is.
17. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
18. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we
will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying,
but it is just not worth the hassle.
19. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,
expect an answer you don't want to hear.
20. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything
you wear is fine. Really.
21. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you
are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the
shotgun formation, or monster trucks.
22. You have enough clothes.
23. You have too many shoes.
24. DRINKS are as exciting for us as handbags are for you.
25. I am in shape. ROUND is a shape.
Posted by Lady A at 7:48 AM
The bottom line is control freaks like to be in charge. If you answered “yes” to one or more of the above questions, you are probably dealing with the control freak. You may also want to consider whether or not you in fact are a victim in an abusive relationship.
Posted by Lady A at 7:07 AM
Posted by Lady A at 8:25 AM
The other day I dropped in on my sister who is single. I found her reading a book and listening to music, curled up in a very comfortable pose on the chaise. She talked about a symphony she was going to attend and an evening of elegance she had scheduled for the following week. i could scarcely get a word in as my sister shared what she had planned to do next.
I thought of how many women come home alone, dead-bolt the front door, and live with the echo of emptiness in the house. maybe their lives don't resemble the pictures of vibrant, loving relationships that are used to market everything. One can hardly pick up a box of tooth paste without seeing images of attractive couples playing on the beach in scanty attire. These ads sell products, but they also sell the idea that happiness depends on the presence of someone else. It's no wonder so many believe that real joy begins and ends with the feel of another person's heartbeat. But one can be in a relationship and still feel alone. And one can be single and never lonely.
So if you find yourself single today, you have lots of company. But there's no need to be lonely. You have given the gift of life and enjoy it you must. Real joy and sustained peace come from within, nourished by a healthy engagement with one's life and comfort with oneself. If you don't enjoy your own company, no one else will either. Fun-loving people attract others because they start the party before any guest arrives.
Are you single and feeling a little blue? Challenge yourself to switch up your routine. Start dating yourself. Take a coworker out to dinner or a play, enroll in dance classes, volunteer in your neighborhood, serve on a church committee, go on a cruise with good friends. If you 're melancholy, see it as an opportunity to broaden your interest, deepen existing relationships, and bolster your faith in God.
Having faith replaces loneliness with the recognition that our lives are divinely orchestrated. Faith seasons the heart with a sense of purpose and the awareness that we are not wandering alone on the planet. Being single is not a perpetual state.
Posted by Lady A at 9:31 PM
Posted by Lady A at 4:22 PM
Posted by Lady A at 8:39 AM